Monday, November 5, 2007

secret white-bearded-gift-bearing-obese-male

so every year my siblings and i do secret santa for each other...we set a cap of $50, provide a wish list, and go from there. even better is that my brother found a website set up like an evite that will allow you to post a wish list and then randomly, and anonymously, assign you to someone.

seeing as one of my brother's and i are engaged (not to each other you sickos), and my sister has been in a long-term relationship and is now living with her bf we have decided to include our significant others...who all happen to be jewish.

mike, my fiancé, didn't know what to ask for since a lot of what he wants for the holidays is well over $50 (ipod, oakley sunglasses, gps device for the car, etc.). being the attentive woman i am, i reminded him that he has been saying he wants some power tools too and that maybe that would be a more appropriately priced gift. he agreed and went online to find the exact one he wanted.

so what did he choose??? drill bits...not the drill...drill bits...

my response when he told me this:

drill bits??? you asked for drill bits??? jeesh...lead a jew to the secret santa and welcome him to get a gift...leave him to his own devices to choose a gift and he asks for drill bits...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

They're really nice drill bits >=0

Besides, you need the bits at some point so really I'm just being proactive.

Karen said...

While drill bits are important franklin, I think you need A drill in order to utilize the bits to their fullest extent. But I do agree, you are being logical here...we all know someday u will have a drill, and then you won't have to worry about the bits :D

Justin said...

I'm with Mike. A nice drill costs more than $50, but you can get some nice drill bits for $50.

DeWalt makes some kick ass titanium-tungsten bits that are supposed to drill through masonry with a standard 19amp drill. Maybe I'll put that on my list this year.

Julie said...

Um.

Im with Melanie.

Drill Bits?

melanie said...

classic girls vs. boys here ladies and gentlemen...if we were at a jr. high dance we would be on opposite sides of the gym eyeing each other wearily...